Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The best day ever

I had a different CRAPTASTIC post all written and ready for today. But then…THIS happened.  And I HAVE to share.  Can craptastic be positive? Well…for this post…craptastic is like FANTASTIC. 

You remember my post about the kids eating more than half our month’s supply of granola bars in 4 days?? Yeah….

Today, on our way home from our date, Todd and I stopped to get the mail.  There was a package! GRIN! I love getting packages.  It’s like Christmas. But I hadn’t ordered anything.  So, I checked the return address.  It’s from a friend in Texas. 

Oh yeah! Just recently Chad asked for our new mailing address.  I thought nothing of it. In fact I had completely forgotten about it. 

And now, here sits a small box addressed to my boys.  Hmm. Curious.

As soon as we walk in the door Todd opens the box.  Haha!  He didn’t even wait for the kids to open it.  I open the flaps and find this note.


Now…you have to understand that Chad LOVES to tease me about gluten. I seem to remember a discussion about making cookies…or something… and he joked about asking for extra gluten on the side. Chad LOVES gluten. And since I can’t eat gluten it has become a joke between us. 

So, I open this box and what do I find? Gluten-FULL Granola bars.  Yep. Gluten full.  With the instruction to “Make sure you ask Mom and Dad if you can eat them” included. 

And I’m doubled over laughing….

Yep...I apparently don’t get out much. 

Needless to say, this package MADE my kids’ night.  Colin says, “This is the BEST DAY EVER!!”

And they each GOBBLED up 2 granola bars before we had scriptures.  It’s the little things that make us happy…

 Thank you Chad!! :)












1 comment: